Thursday, December 14, 2006

Real Estate Cycle

http://www.fatwallet.com/t/52/683297/

Question:
I am in my mid 20's this is my first time seeing real estate buble burst.
When was the last time similar situalation occured?
How long for it to got back to normal?
Is it a normal cycle? Please share your input.


Answer:

From what my parents told me, there was a similar run up in prices in the late 80s, and prices stagnated from about 1990 to 2000. This is in the DC metro area. I posed a similar question a few weeks ago, and a poster recommended the following books about real estate history/trends. I havent read any of them yet, but they should help somewhat.

The Great Wave: Price Revolutions and the Rhythm of History
By David Hackett Fischer

A History of Interest Rates
By Richard Eugene Sylla, Sidney Homer

Timing the Real Estate Market
By Craig Hall

From Tenements to the Taylor Homes: In Search of an Urban Housing Policy in Twentieth-Century
By John F. Bauman, Kristin M. Szylvian, Roger Biles

No comments: